[embed]https://www.flickr.com/photos/kome8/13664472783/in/photostream/[/embed] When I say "we've been thinking about getting a dog," I mean we've been researching and discussing for almost two years. A corgi, specifically. Now that we are settled into Kansas City, I think we're ready to make the jump... But I want to be responsible about this. I want to make sure we're looking beyond "it's a cute fuzzy thing!"
I like the idea of having a dog because...
- It would be a cute being that is super thrilled to see us all the time
- A dog would be an amusing addition to the family
- A little buddy to hang out with
- Unconditional love
But, I'm nervous because...
- What if we stink at training our dog, and it's a yippy, unfriendly beast?
- What if we give the dog too much or too little attention and ruin it?
- Will we lose our freedom, having to worry about being home to take care of it?
- Are we committed enough? Even when it comes to taking the dog outside for bathroom/exercise, no matter what the weather is or what our moods are.
- Is having a dog an excessive expense? Should we put money into savings instead of sinking it into pills and dog food and vet bills?
Now, I think it will be up to a gut reaction when we get an e-mail that some puppies are available!